Zero Landfill Economics
Achieving Zero Landfill will save your company money as well as benefit the environment. Making zero landfill a goal will result in lower labor inputs, lower transportation costs, fewer landfill fees, and more beauty. Disposal costs diminish as landfill dependence ends. The global recycling markets are always in flux. In some cases, recycling more materials will gain your company rebates from the sale of your materials.
Our Zero Landfill Process:
- We conduct a waste audit
- identify discards for reuse, reduction, or elimination
- implement facility process improvements
- create custom recycling programs
- provide all the necessary equipment
- aims to reach ROI in less than a year
For example, at a single food packaging facility in Arizona, we cut trash costs by $80,000 in the first year. Revenues increased by an additional $60,000 as previously landfilled materials became salable recycling commodities. Green Planet 21 Zero Landfill Solution services result in huge cumulative annual savings.
Unlike many of our competitors, we have no landfill association. We have achieved zero landfill with four Fortune 500 companies and one Fortune 100 company. We differentiate ourselves from our competitors through innovation. From the Kanemiya, our groundbreaking washing machine for plastics, to our closed loop HDPE plastic recycling process. We find new ways to recycle material treated as garbage by the usual vendors.
We offer environmental sustainability consulting and efficient waste stream management. Through our services, clients increase their savings, improve their corporate image, and help minimize their impact on the environment. Our abilities are unparalleled.
Zero Landfill & Environmental Gains
Americans do not enjoy living near and watching and smelling landfills grow larger and more hideous. They reasonably worry about all those trucks and what may be leaking into their water supplies. How will the landfill affect the health of their families and communities?
Imagine what the world would look like if every company went to Zero Landfill. The recycling efforts of one company can have a huge environmental impact.
Recycling one ton of paper saves:
- 380 gallons of oil
- 3 cubic yards of landfill space,
- 4,000 kilowatts of energy
- 17 trees, and
- 7,000 gallons of water
Recycling one ton of plastic makes consuming 11 barrels of oil unnecessary. Each month, Green P;anet 21 recycles over 250 tons of paper and plastic.
Please contact a Green Planet 21 representative to learn more about reaching your economic and environmental goals through our zero landfill programs:
How will our decisions around energy and material prepare for an abundant life for future generations? Across the planet, we all aim for more sustainable ways to live and work. Our commitment to sustainable recycling has influenced every aspect of our business for forty years and counting. So, we know that truly sustainable recycling solutions are both financially and environmentally workable. Using our strategic sustainability consulting and recycling services, you save money while acting responsibly towards planet preservation.
We form working partnerships based on the unique needs of each business client, military base or municipality. We analyze the flow of your production and waste materials and find new efficiencies. For every discard in your workplace, especially materials previously considered un-recyclable, we strive to find a better solution. As a result, you save time, energy, and money.
Making a meaningful difference may seem daunting for a single individual or for a single company but it is possible. There are simple and easy ways that you and your company can take actions that matter. Green Planet 21 offers strategic consulting and sustainable recycling services.
- Recycling promotes environmental sustainability as well as economic sustainability.
- Green Planet 21 can implement a safe and reasonable way for your company to recycle most discards.
- When we we install the right equipment, we save you labor, transportation, and landfill fees.
- If we recycle cardboard six times, our fiber resources are conserved.
- When we recycle legal and medical documents, we gain toilet tissue and consume fewer trees.
- Green Planet 21 provides paper and cardboard (OCC) recycling programs.
- Green Planet 21 provides plastic recycling programs for shrink wrap, LDPE, & HDPE.
- By recycling copper and other precious metals, we reduce the need for mining and the destruction of natural resources.
- Recycling creates four jobs for every one job created in the waste management and disposal industries.
- The recycling industry creates 1.1 million U.S. jobs, $236 billion in gross annual sales, and $37 billion in annual payrolls.
To learn more, contact a representative: