Zero Landfill: Economic Incentives
Achieving zero landfill will increase your company’s profitability as well as benefit the environment. When landfill dependence is eliminated, disposal costs diminish. Through the diversion and resale of recyclable commodities, your waste stream becomes a revenue stream.
Our first and only priority is to increase your diversion rates and eliminate disposal costs. Green Planet 21 services have achieved zero landfill with four Fortune 500 companies and one Fortune 100 company, resulting in huge cumulative annual savings.
At a single food packaging facility in Arizona, we cut trash costs by $80,000 per year. Revenues increased by an additional $60,000 when previously landfilled materials became salable recycling commodities. Unlike many of our competitors, we have no landfill association.
Our Zero Landfill Process:
- We conduct a waste audit
- identify areas in which discards can be reused, diminished, or eliminated
- implement facility process improvements
- create custom recycling programs
- provide all the necessary equipment
- ROI is generally reached in under a year.
Through our services, clients increase their savings, improve their corporate image, and help minimize their impact on the environment. We differentiate ourselves from our competitors through innovation. From the Kanemiya, our groundbreaking washing machine for plastics, to our closed loop HDPE plastic recycling process. We find new ways to recycle material treated as garbage by other disposal services. Our abilities are unparalleled.
Environmental Incentives for Zero Landfill:
Every month, we recycle over 250 tons of paper and plastic. Imagine what the world would look like if every company went to zero landfill. The recycling efforts of one company can have a huge environmental impact.
Recycling one ton of paper saves:
- 380 gallons of oil
- 3 cubic yards of landfill space,
- 4,000 kilowatts of energy
- 17 trees, and
- 7,000 gallons of water
Recycling one ton of plastic recycled 11 barrels of oil from being consumed.
Please contact a representative to learn more about how Green Planet 21 can help your company to achieve your economic and environmental goals through our zero-landfill programs:
How will our decisions prepare for an abundant life for future generations? Across the planet, we all aim for more sustainable ways to live and work. At Green Planet 21, our commitment to environmental sustainability has influenced every aspect of our business for the past 35 years.
Utilizing our recycling services can help your company to save money while doing its part in the preservation of the planet.Our strategic sustainability consulting and recycling services create partnerships based on the unique needs of each business client, military base or municipality.
Truly sustainable solutions are both financially and environmental and we will analyze the flow of your production and help you make it more efficient. For every discard in your workplace, especially materials previously considered unrecyclable, we strive to find a truly sustainable solution no matter how daunting it may seem for a single individual, or a single company, to make a meaningful difference.
Help preserve the planet for future generations. There are simple and easy ways that you and your company can take actions that matter.
Contact your nearest representative to learn more about how Green Planet 21 can apply sustainable solutions to the challenges your company faces today:
- Green Planet 21 provides paper and cardboard (OCC) recycling programs and handling systems for all clients large and small.
- We install on-site handling systems for our clients generating large amounts of plastic waste.
- Recycling copper and other precious metals reduces the need for mining and the destruction of natural resources. Green Planet 21 can implement a safe and reasonable way for your company to recycle most discards.
- Green Planet 21 provides plastic recycling programs for companies of all sizes.
- Recycling promotes environmental sustainability as well as economic sustainability. Recycling creates four jobs for every one job created in the waste management and disposal industries.
- The recycling industry creates 1.1 million U.S. jobs, $236 billion in gross annual sales, and $37 billion in annual payrolls. An efficiently run recycling program costs less to operate than waste collection, landfill, and incineration enterprises.